Definitions and Examples of increase, enhance, amplify
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make something larger in size, quantity, or intensity.
The company decided to increase its production to meet the growing demand for its products.
To improve the quality, value, or attractiveness of something.
The new paint job enhanced the beauty of the old house.
To make something louder, stronger, or more significant.
The speaker used a microphone to amplify his voice and reach the back of the room.
Key Differences: increase vs enhance vs amplify
- 1Increase is used when referring to making something bigger in size, quantity, or intensity.
- 2Enhance is used when referring to improving the quality, value, or attractiveness of something.
- 3Amplify is used when referring to making something louder, stronger, or more significant.
Effective Usage of increase, enhance, amplify
- 1Business: Use increase to describe growth in sales, revenue, or profits.
- 2Art: Use enhance to describe how an artist improves the beauty or value of their artwork.
- 3Music: Use amplify to describe how a musician makes their sound louder or more powerful.
The antonyms of diminish are increase, enhance, and amplify. Use increase to describe growth, enhance to describe improvement, and amplify to describe making something louder or more significant.