What is the antonym of “diminuted”?
The antonyms of diminuted are increased, enlarged, and augmented. These words convey the opposite meaning of diminuted, which means to make something smaller or reduce its size, amount, or importance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Made greater in size, amount, or degree.
The company's profits increased by 20% this year compared to last year.
Made larger in size or extent.
The architect proposed an enlarged version of the building to accommodate more people.
Increased in size, amount, or value, usually by adding something to it.
The chef augmented the recipe by adding more spices and herbs to enhance the flavor.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Increased refers to making something bigger in size, amount, or degree.
- 2Enlarged specifically refers to making something larger in size or extent.
- 3Augmented refers to increasing the size, amount, or value of something by adding something to it.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use increased to describe growth in sales, profits, or market share.
- 2Architecture: Use enlarged to describe the expansion of buildings or structures.
- 3Cooking: Use augmented to describe the addition of ingredients to enhance the flavor or texture of a dish.
The antonyms of diminuted are increased, enlarged, and augmented. These words have distinct meanings and can be used in different contexts. Use them to describe growth in business, expansion in architecture, and enhancement in cooking.