What is the antonym of “diminuting”?
The antonyms of diminuting are increasing, expanding, and strengthening. These words convey the opposite meaning of diminuting, which is to make something smaller or weaker.
See all the antonyms of “diminuting”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To become greater in size, amount, or degree.
The company's profits have been increasing steadily over the past few years.
To become larger in size or scope.
The city is expanding rapidly, with new buildings and infrastructure being built every day.
To make something stronger or more resilient.
Regular exercise can help strengthen your muscles and improve your overall health.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Increasing refers to a gradual or steady growth in size, amount, or degree.
- 2Expanding implies a broader scope or range, such as the expansion of a business or city.
- 3Strengthening refers to making something stronger or more resilient, such as strengthening your muscles or immune system.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use increasing and expanding to describe growth and development.
- 2Health: Use strengthening to describe physical or mental improvement.
- 3Academics: Use these antonyms to describe trends and changes in data or research.
The antonyms of diminuting are increasing, expanding, and strengthening. These words convey the opposite meaning of diminuting, which is to make something smaller or weaker. Use these words in various contexts such as business, health, and academics to describe growth, improvement, and development.