What is the antonym of “dimmed”?
The antonym of dimmed are bright, intense, and shining. The antonyms bright, intense, and shining convey a positive or strong emotional state. It implies a high level of light, energy, or brightness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Giving out or reflecting much light; shining.
The sun was so bright that she had to wear sunglasses.
Having a very strong effect or felt very strongly.
The intense heat made it hard to breathe.
Reflecting light; glowing.
The stars were shining brightly in the night sky.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Bright is a general term that describes a high level of light or energy.
- 2Intense is a more specific term that describes a strong effect or feeling.
- 3Shining refers to something that reflects light or glows.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use bright, intense, and shining to describe positive or strong emotions effectively.
- 2Show Enthusiasm: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate excitement.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and engaging stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Bright conveys a high level of light or energy, intense denotes a strong effect or feeling, and shining refers to something that reflects light or glows. Use these words to enhance communication, show enthusiasm in conversations, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and engaging stories.