What is the antonym of “disappearance”?
The antonyms of disappearance are appearance, emergence, and arrival. These words describe the opposite of disappearance, which is the act of becoming visible, coming into view, or arriving at a place.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of becoming visible or coming into view; the way someone or something looks or seems.
The sudden appearance of a rainbow after the storm brought joy to everyone's faces.
The process of coming out from a hidden or obscure place; becoming known or visible.
The emergence of new technologies has revolutionized the way we live and work.
The act of reaching a destination or arriving at a place.
The arrival of the train was delayed due to heavy snowfall.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Appearance refers to the act of becoming visible or coming into view, while emergence describes the process of coming out from a hidden or obscure place.
- 2Arrival is a relational antonym that describes the act of reaching a destination or arriving at a place.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create vivid descriptions and convey meaning effectively.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in texts to understand the context and meaning of the words better.
The antonyms of disappearance are appearance, emergence, and arrival. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your reading experience. Remember that appearance and emergence have distinct nuances, while arrival is a relational antonym that describes reaching a destination.