What is the antonym of “disavowed”?
The antonyms of disavowed are acknowledge, accept, and endorse. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of disavowed, which means to deny responsibility or association with something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To admit the existence, truth, or reality of something.
She had to acknowledge her mistake and apologize for it.
To receive willingly something given or offered; to agree to something.
He decided to accept the job offer and start working next week.
To give approval or support to something or someone.
The company decided to endorse the new product and invest in its development.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Acknowledge means to admit the existence or truth of something, while disavowed means to deny responsibility or association with something.
- 2Accept means to receive willingly something given or offered, while disavowed means to reject or disown something.
- 3Endorse means to give approval or support to something or someone, while disavowed means to deny any connection or support.
Good things to know
- 1Clarify Responsibility: Use disavowed and acknowledge to clarify responsibility and accountability.
- 2Express Agreement: Use accept to express agreement or willingness to do something.
- 3Show Support: Use endorse to show support or approval for something or someone.
The antonyms of disavowed have distinct meanings. Acknowledge means to admit, accept means to receive willingly, and endorse means to give approval. Use these words to clarify responsibility, express agreement, and show support.