What is the antonym of “disclosing”?
The antonyms of disclosing are concealing and hiding. These words convey opposite meanings in terms of revealing or keeping something secret.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Keeping something hidden or secret from others.
She was concealing her true identity from her colleagues.
Keeping something out of sight or preventing it from being discovered.
He was hiding his feelings for her, afraid of rejection.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Concealing implies actively hiding something from others, while hiding can be more passive, simply keeping something out of sight.
- 2Concealing often involves a deliberate effort to keep something secret, while hiding can be a natural response to a situation.
Good things to know
- 1Communication: Use disclosing and concealing to describe actions related to sharing or keeping information.
- 2Relationships: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about trust and honesty in relationships.
- 3Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension and suspense.
The antonyms concealing and hiding convey opposite meanings to disclosing. Concealing implies actively keeping something secret, while hiding can be more passive. Use these words to describe actions related to sharing or keeping information, in conversations about trust and honesty in relationships, and in writing to create tension and suspense.