What is the antonym of “discommendable”?
The antonyms of discommendable are commendable, praiseworthy, and laudable. These words convey a positive or admirable quality. They imply that something is worthy of praise, approval, or admiration.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Deserving of praise or approval.
His efforts to help the community were truly commendable.
Deserving of praise or admiration.
Her dedication to her work was praiseworthy.
Deserving of praise or commendation.
The organization's commitment to sustainability is laudable.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Commendable implies that something is worthy of praise or approval.
- 2Praiseworthy suggests that something is deserving of admiration.
- 3Laudable conveys that something is deserving of praise or commendation.
Good things to know
- 1Express Appreciation: Use these antonyms to express appreciation for someone's actions or qualities.
- 2Write Effectively: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to add variety and depth to descriptions.
- 3Improve Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
The antonyms of discommendable convey positive qualities. Commendable implies approval, praiseworthy suggests admiration, and laudable conveys commendation. Use these words to express appreciation, write effectively, and improve your vocabulary.