What is the antonym of “discretely”?
The antonym of discretely are together, collectively, and indiscriminately. These words convey the opposite meaning of discretely, which means to do something in a careful and unobtrusive manner, without attracting attention.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In or into a group, mass, or collection.
They worked together to complete the project on time.
In a way that involves all members of a group or society.
The decision was made collectively by the board of directors.
In a random or haphazard manner, without any discrimination or careful selection.
The company fired employees indiscriminately without considering their performance.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Together implies doing something in a group or with others.
- 2Collectively implies involving all members of a group or society.
- 3Indiscriminately implies doing something randomly or without careful selection.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express different ways of doing things.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to add variety and clarity.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
The antonyms of discretely have distinct meanings. Together implies doing something in a group, collectively implies involving all members of a group, and indiscriminately implies doing something randomly. Use these words to enhance communication, improve writing, and enrich vocabulary.