What is the antonym of “disinter”?
The antonyms of disinter are bury and inter. The antonyms bury and inter convey the opposite meaning of disinter, which means to dig up something that has been buried.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To place a dead body in a grave or tomb.
They decided to bury their beloved dog in the backyard.
To place a corpse in a grave or tomb.
The family chose to inter their loved one in a cemetery.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Bury is a general term that describes the act of placing a dead body in a grave or tomb.
- 2Inter is a more specific term that refers to the act of placing a corpse in a grave or tomb.
Good things to know
- 1Funeral Services: Use bury or inter when discussing funeral arrangements.
- 2Historical Research: Use disinter to describe the process of uncovering historical artifacts or remains.
- 3Legal Proceedings: Use disinter in legal contexts, such as exhuming a body for an autopsy.
The antonyms of disinter are bury and inter. Use bury or inter when discussing funeral arrangements, while disinter is used in historical research or legal proceedings to describe the process of uncovering artifacts or remains.