Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To connect or link two or more things together.
I will join the two pieces of wood with glue.
To link or associate one thing with another.
The internet allows us to connect with people all over the world.
To fasten or affix one thing to another.
Please attach your resume to the job application.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Join implies bringing two or more things together to form a single unit.
- 2Connect implies establishing a relationship or association between two or more things.
- 3Attach implies fastening or affixing one thing to another.
Good things to know
- 1In construction: Use join to describe connecting two pieces of wood or metal.
- 2In technology: Use connect to describe linking devices or establishing an internet connection.
- 3In office settings: Use attach to describe adding an attachment to an email or document.
The antonyms of disjoin are join, connect, and attach. These words have distinct meanings: Join implies forming a single unit, connect implies establishing a relationship, and attach implies fastening one thing to another. Use these words in different contexts such as construction, technology, and office settings to convey the intended meaning.