What is the antonym of “dislikelihood”?
The antonyms of dislikelihood are likelihood, probability, and certainty. These words describe the chance or possibility of something happening.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The chance or probability of something happening.
There is a high likelihood of rain today, so don't forget to bring your umbrella.
The extent to which something is likely to happen; the chance of an event occurring.
The probability of winning the lottery is very low, but people still buy tickets hoping to get lucky.
The state of being completely confident or sure about something.
I can say with certainty that I locked the door before leaving the house.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Likelihood and probability are similar in meaning, but likelihood suggests a higher chance of something happening than probability.
- 2Certainty is different from likelihood and probability because it implies complete confidence or sureness about something.
Good things to know
- 1Discussing Possibilities: Use likelihood and probability to talk about the chances of something happening.
- 2Expressing Confidence: Use certainty to convey complete confidence or sureness about something.
- 3Making Decisions: Consider the likelihood and probability of different outcomes when making decisions.
The antonyms of dislikelihood are likelihood, probability, and certainty. Use likelihood and probability to discuss possibilities and consider different outcomes when making decisions. Use certainty to express complete confidence or sureness about something.