What is the antonym of “disloyal”?
The antonym of disloyal is loyal, faithful, and devoted. The antonyms loyal, faithful, and devoted convey a positive emotional state. It implies a sense of commitment, dedication, and trustworthiness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person, organization, or cause.
He remained loyal to his friends even when they faced tough times.
Steadfast in affection or allegiance; loyal and true.
She was a faithful companion to her dog and never left his side.
Loving, loyal, and enthusiastic about someone or something.
He was devoted to his family and always put their needs before his own.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Loyal describes a person who shows firm and constant support or allegiance to a person, organization, or cause.
- 2Faithful describes a person who is steadfast in affection or allegiance; loyal and true.
- 3Devoted describes a person who is loving, loyal, and enthusiastic about someone or something.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use these antonyms to express appreciation for someone's loyalty, faithfulness, or devotion.
- 2Build Trust: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to build trust and strengthen relationships.
- 3Create Characters: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create characters that are loyal, faithful, or devoted.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Loyal describes firm and constant support, faithful denotes steadfast affection, and devoted refers to loving enthusiasm. Use these words to express gratitude, build trust, and create compelling characters in narratives.