What is the antonym of “disperato”?
The antonym of disperato is hopeful, optimistic, and calm. The antonyms hopeful, optimistic, and calm convey a positive or peaceful emotional state. It implies a sense of confidence, tranquility, or expectation of good things to come.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling or inspiring optimism about a future event or situation.
Despite the setbacks, she remained hopeful that things would work out in the end.
Having a positive outlook on life or a particular situation.
He was optimistic about his chances of getting the job and believed he had the necessary skills.
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a deep breath and tried to remain calm despite the chaos around her.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Hopeful implies a sense of expectation and anticipation for a positive outcome.
- 2Optimistic conveys a general positive outlook on life or a particular situation.
- 3Calm describes a state of peacefulness and lack of strong emotions, especially in stressful situations.
Good things to know
- 1Express Optimism: Use hopeful and optimistic to convey a positive outlook on life or a particular situation.
- 2Stay Calm: Incorporate calm in conversations to encourage others to remain peaceful and composed in stressful situations.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express nuanced emotions.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Hopeful implies expectation and anticipation, optimistic conveys a general positive outlook, and calm describes a state of peacefulness. Use these words to express optimism, stay calm in stressful situations, and enrich your vocabulary.