What is the antonym of “disputative”?
The antonyms of disputative are conciliatory and peaceful. The antonyms conciliatory and peaceful convey a positive or harmonious state. They imply a willingness to compromise, reconcile, or avoid conflict.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Intended to placate or reconcile; showing a willingness to make peace.
He made a conciliatory gesture by offering her a cup of tea after their argument.
Free from disturbance or agitation; not involving violence or war.
The park was so peaceful that she could hear the birds chirping and the leaves rustling.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Conciliatory is a term that describes a person or action that aims to reconcile or make peace.
- 2Peaceful is a term that describes a situation or environment that is free from disturbance or violence.
Good things to know
- 1Conflict Resolution: Use conciliatory language or actions to resolve disputes and promote understanding.
- 2Describing Situations: Use peaceful to describe situations or environments that are calm, serene, or tranquil.
- 3Expressing Preferences: Use these antonyms to express your preference for peaceful or conciliatory approaches in different situations.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Conciliatory conveys a willingness to reconcile or make peace, while peaceful describes a situation or environment that is free from disturbance or violence. Use these words to promote conflict resolution, describe calm situations, and express your preferences for different approaches.