What is the antonym of “dissolution”?
The antonyms of dissolution are formation and establishment. The antonyms formation and establishment convey a positive or constructive meaning. They imply the creation, development, or establishment of something new.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The process of creating or developing something new.
The formation of a new political party requires a lot of planning and organization.
The act of setting up or founding something, such as a business, institution, or government.
The establishment of a new company involves finding investors, hiring employees, and securing a location.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Formation refers to the process of creating or developing something new, while dissolution refers to the process of breaking down or ending something that already exists.
- 2Establishment refers to the act of setting up or founding something, while dissolution refers to the act of disbanding or terminating something that already exists.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use formation and establishment to describe the process of starting a new business or organization.
- 2Politics: Use formation and establishment to describe the process of creating a new political party or government.
- 3Law: Use dissolution to describe the process of ending a marriage, partnership, or corporation.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Formation and establishment convey a positive or constructive meaning, while dissolution conveys a negative or destructive meaning. Use these words in different contexts, such as business, politics, or law, to describe the process of creating or ending something.