What is the antonym of “distally”?
The antonym of distally are proximally, centrally, and internally. These words describe the opposite direction or location of something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Situated nearer to the center of the body or the point of attachment.
The injury was located proximally to the elbow joint.
Located at or near the center of something.
The capital city is centrally located in the country.
Located inside or within something.
The company is facing internal issues that need to be addressed.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Proximally refers to a location closer to the center of the body or point of attachment.
- 2Centrally refers to a location at or near the center of something.
- 3Internally refers to a location inside or within something.
Good things to know
- 1Medical Terminology: Use distally and proximally to describe the location of body parts.
- 2Geography: Use centrally to describe the location of cities or countries.
- 3Business: Use internally to describe issues or problems within a company.
The antonyms distally, proximally, centrally, and internally describe different locations or directions. Use these words in medical terminology, geography, and business contexts to convey precise meaning.