What is the antonym of “diverge”?
The antonyms of diverge are converge, merge, and unite. These words convey the opposite meaning of diverge, which means to move away from each other or to become different.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To come together from different directions and meet at a common point.
The two roads converge at the town center.
To combine or blend into a single entity.
The two companies decided to merge and form a new corporation.
To join together for a common purpose or goal.
The citizens of the country came together to unite against the corrupt government.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Converge implies coming together from different directions and meeting at a common point.
- 2Merge implies combining or blending into a single entity.
- 3Unite implies joining together for a common purpose or goal.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express opposite meanings effectively.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to add variety and clarity.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
The antonyms of diverge are converge, merge, and unite. Use converge when things come together from different directions, merge when things combine into a single entity, and unite when things join together for a common purpose. These antonyms can enhance communication, improve writing, and enrich vocabulary.