What is the antonym of “divinest”?
The antonyms of divinest are infernal and abominable. The antonyms infernal and abominable convey a negative or unpleasant quality. They imply something that is terrible, unpleasant, or morally wrong.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to hell or the underworld; extremely unpleasant or annoying.
The heat was infernal and made it impossible to go outside during the day.
Causing moral revulsion; very bad or unpleasant.
The conditions in the prison were abominable, with inmates living in cramped and unsanitary cells.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Infernal refers to something that is related to hell or the underworld, while abominable refers to something that is morally wrong.
- 2Infernal can also mean extremely unpleasant or annoying, while abominable can mean causing moral revulsion.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use infernal and abominable to expand your vocabulary and express negative qualities.
- 2Express Displeasure: Use these antonyms to express your dislike or disapproval of something.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in creative writing to create vivid descriptions and evoke emotions in readers.
The antonyms of divinest are infernal and abominable. Infernal refers to something related to hell or the underworld, while abominable refers to something morally wrong. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, express displeasure, and create vivid descriptions in creative writing.