What is the antonym of “doctrinal”?
The antonym of doctrinal is unorthodox and non-doctrinal. The antonyms unorthodox and non-doctrinal convey a lack of adherence to established beliefs or principles.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not conforming to traditional or widely accepted beliefs or practices.
Her approach to problem-solving was unorthodox but effective.
Not based on or conforming to a particular set of beliefs or principles.
The course focused on non-doctrinal approaches to spirituality.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unorthodox implies a deviation from traditional or widely accepted beliefs or practices.
- 2Non-doctrinal implies a lack of adherence to a particular set of beliefs or principles.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe different approaches to a subject or field of study.
- 2Religious Discourse: Incorporate these antonyms to describe different interpretations of religious texts or practices.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms to create characters with different belief systems or worldviews.