What is the antonym of “dogmatic”?
The antonym of dogmatic are open-minded, flexible, and moderate. The antonyms open-minded, flexible, and moderate convey a more accepting and adaptable attitude towards ideas and beliefs. It implies a willingness to consider different perspectives and opinions.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Willing to consider different ideas or opinions; receptive to new and unconventional ideas.
She was open-minded about trying new foods and was excited to taste the exotic dishes.
Able to change or adapt easily to different circumstances or situations.
He was flexible with his work schedule and was able to attend his son's soccer game.
Avoiding extremes in opinions, actions, or behaviors; not excessive or extreme.
She had a moderate approach to politics and believed in finding a balance between different ideologies.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Open-minded refers to a willingness to consider different ideas or opinions.
- 2Flexible refers to the ability to change or adapt easily to different circumstances or situations.
- 3Moderate refers to avoiding extremes in opinions, actions, or behaviors.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use open-minded, flexible, and moderate to express a more accepting and adaptable attitude towards ideas and beliefs.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding and respect for different perspectives.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in written pieces to create a more nuanced and balanced argument.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Open-minded conveys a willingness to consider different ideas or opinions, flexible refers to the ability to change or adapt easily, and moderate means avoiding extremes. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating a more nuanced and balanced argument.