What is the antonym of “door”?
The antonyms of door are wall and barrier. The antonyms wall and barrier convey a sense of obstruction or blockage. They imply that there is no way to pass through or enter.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A solid structure that encloses, divides, or protects an area.
The wall between the two houses was so thin that they could hear each other's conversations.
Something that blocks or prevents movement or access.
The language barrier made it difficult for them to communicate effectively.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Wall is a physical structure that separates two areas or spaces.
- 2Barrier is a general term that describes anything that blocks or prevents movement or access.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Building: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 2Writing: Use these antonyms in your writing to create vivid descriptions and imagery.
- 3Problem Solving: Use these antonyms to describe obstacles or challenges in problem-solving scenarios.
The antonyms of door are wall and barrier. While wall is a physical structure that separates two areas or spaces, barrier is a general term that describes anything that blocks or prevents movement or access. Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary, create vivid descriptions in writing, and describe obstacles in problem-solving scenarios.