What is the antonym of “douce”?
The antonyms of douce are harsh, bitter, and strong. These antonyms convey a different taste or flavor than douce.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Unpleasantly rough or jarring to the senses.
The medicine had a harsh taste that made it difficult to swallow.
Having an acrid taste that is sharp, unpleasant, and often associated with unsweetened chocolate, coffee, or beer.
The coffee was too bitter for her taste, so she added some sugar to sweeten it.
Having a powerful or intense flavor or aroma.
The cheese had a strong smell that filled the room.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Harsh describes a taste that is unpleasantly rough or jarring to the senses.
- 2Bitter describes a taste that is sharp, unpleasant, and often associated with unsweetened chocolate, coffee, or beer.
- 3Strong describes a taste that is powerful or intense in flavor or aroma.
Good things to know
- 1Food and Drink: Use these antonyms to describe the taste of food and drink.
- 2Product Reviews: Incorporate these antonyms in product reviews to describe the taste of different products.
- 3Cooking: Use these antonyms to describe the taste of different ingredients when cooking.
The antonyms of douce describe a different taste or flavor. Harsh is unpleasantly rough, bitter is sharp and unpleasant, and strong is powerful and intense. Use these words to describe the taste of food and drink, in product reviews, and when cooking.