What is the antonym of “downfallen”?
The antonyms of downfallen are elated and uplifted. The antonyms elated and uplifted convey a positive emotional state. It implies a feeling of happiness, joy, or satisfaction.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling extremely happy and joyful.
She was elated when she found out that she had won the competition.
Feeling elevated in spirit or mood; experiencing a sense of optimism or hope.
After receiving good news, he felt uplifted and ready to take on the world.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Elated is a more intense feeling of happiness than uplifted.
- 2Uplifted is a feeling of optimism or hope, while elated is a feeling of extreme joy.
Good things to know
- 1Express Joy: Use elated to express extreme happiness and joy.
- 2Show Optimism: Use uplifted to express a sense of optimism or hope.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Elated conveys extreme joy, while uplifted denotes a feeling of optimism or hope. Use these words to express joy, show optimism, and enrich writing by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.