The Opposite(Antonym) of “downwardly”
The antonyms of downwardly are upwardly, upwards, and above. These antonyms describe the opposite direction or position of something, whether it is physical or metaphorical.
Explore all Antonyms of “downwardly”
Definitions and Examples of upwardly, upwards, above
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In an upward direction; towards a higher position or level.
The company's profits have been growing upwardly for the past few years.
Towards a higher position or level; in an upward direction.
The balloon floated upwards into the sky.
At or to a higher position than something else; higher in rank, authority, or power.
The bird flew above the trees.
Key Differences: upwardly vs upwards vs above
- 1Upwardly and upwards are synonyms that describe movement or direction towards a higher position or level.
- 2Above is a preposition that describes a position that is higher than something else, whether it is physical or metaphorical.
Effective Usage of upwardly, upwards, above
- 1Spatial Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe the position or direction of objects or people.
- 2Career Advancement: Use upwardly to describe career advancement or promotions.
- 3Comparisons: Use above to compare the relative heights or positions of objects or people.
The antonyms of downwardly describe the opposite direction or position of something. Upwardly and upwards describe movement or direction towards a higher position or level, while above describes a position that is higher than something else. Use these antonyms to describe spatial relationships, career advancement, and comparisons.