What is the antonym of “dreadless”?
The antonyms of dreadless are fearful, timid, and cowardly. These words describe a state of being afraid or lacking courage.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling afraid or anxious about something.
She was fearful of heights and refused to go on the rollercoaster.
Lacking confidence or courage; easily frightened.
The timid kitten hid under the bed when visitors came over.
Showing a lack of courage or bravery in the face of danger or difficulty.
He was called cowardly for running away from the fight.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fearful describes a feeling of anxiety or fear, while timid describes a lack of confidence or courage.
- 2Cowardly is a more negative term that implies a lack of bravery or courage in the face of danger or difficulty.
Good things to know
- 1Express Fear: Use fearful to describe a feeling of anxiety or fear.
- 2Describe Personality Traits: Use timid to describe someone who lacks confidence or courage.
- 3Condemn Behavior: Use cowardly to criticize someone for lacking bravery or courage.
The antonyms of dreadless are fearful, timid, and cowardly. These words describe a state of being afraid or lacking courage. Use these words to express fear, describe personality traits, or condemn behavior.