What is the antonym of “drew”?
The antonyms of drew are pushed and shoved. The antonyms pushed and shoved convey a forceful action of moving something or someone away from the person doing the action.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To apply force to move something away from oneself.
He pushed the door open with his shoulder.
To push someone or something with force.
She shoved her way through the crowd to get to the front.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Pushed is a more general term that describes applying force to move something away from oneself.
- 2Shoved is a more specific term that describes pushing someone or something with force.
Good things to know
- 1Daily Life: Use pushed and shoved to describe actions in daily life, such as opening doors or moving objects.
- 2Conflict Resolution: Use these antonyms to describe forceful actions in conflicts or disagreements.
- 3Physical Descriptions: Use these antonyms to describe physical actions in narratives or storytelling.