Definitions and Examples of modesty, humility
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.
Despite his success, he maintained a sense of modesty and never boasted about his accomplishments.
A modest or low view of one's importance; a lack of arrogance or pride.
She showed great humility by admitting her mistakes and taking responsibility for them.
Key Differences: modesty vs humility
- 1Modesty is a quality that describes a person who is unassuming or moderate in their estimation of their abilities or achievements.
- 2Humility is a state of mind that describes a person who has a modest or low view of their importance and lacks arrogance or pride.
Effective Usage of modesty, humility
- 1Personal Development: Use these antonyms to reflect on your own attitude towards yourself and others.
- 2Social Interaction: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to show respect and appreciation for others.
- 3Professional Communication: Utilize these antonyms in business settings to demonstrate humility and build trust with colleagues and clients.
The antonyms of egotism are modesty and humility. These antonyms convey a humble and unassuming attitude towards oneself and others. Use these words to reflect on personal development, show respect and appreciation for others, and demonstrate humility in professional communication.