What is the antonym of “eloped”?
The antonyms of eloped are marry with consent and stay put. The antonym marry with consent implies that the couple got married with the approval of their families or society, while stay put means that they did not run away to get married.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
marry with consent
To get married with the approval of one's family or society.
After dating for several years, they decided to marry with consent and had a beautiful wedding ceremony.
To remain in one place or position; not to move or leave.
They decided to stay put and not elope because they wanted to respect their families' wishes.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Marry with consent is a relational antonym that describes getting married with the approval of one's family or society.
- 2Stay put is a complementary antonym that means to remain in one place or position and not to move or leave.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Discuss Cultural Differences: Talk about the cultural differences in marriage practices and customs around the world.
- 3Explore Relationship Dynamics: Analyze the impact of family and society on romantic relationships and marriage decisions.
The antonyms of eloped are marry with consent and stay put. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, discuss cultural differences, and explore relationship dynamics.