What is the antonym of “eloquence”?
The antonyms of eloquence are inarticulacy and incoherence. The antonyms inarticulacy and incoherence convey a lack of clarity or effectiveness in communication.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The inability to express oneself clearly or effectively in speech or writing.
Due to his nervousness, he struggled with inarticulacy during the job interview.
Lack of logical or meaningful connection between ideas or thoughts; disjointedness.
The politician's speech was filled with incoherence and failed to convince the audience.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Inarticulacy refers to the inability to express oneself clearly or effectively in speech or writing.
- 2Incoherence refers to a lack of logical or meaningful connection between ideas or thoughts.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Communication: Use eloquence to express oneself effectively and inarticulacy and incoherence to identify areas for improvement.
- 2Develop Writing Skills: Incorporate antonyms in writing exercises to enhance clarity and coherence.
- 3Enhance Critical Thinking: Analyze speeches, articles, and other forms of communication to identify instances of eloquence, inarticulacy, and incoherence.
The antonyms of eloquence are inarticulacy and incoherence. Use these words to improve communication, develop writing skills, and enhance critical thinking by analyzing instances of effective and ineffective communication.