What is the antonym of “endeared”?
The antonyms of endeared are disliked, hated, and despised. These words convey a negative feeling towards someone or something, opposite to the positive feeling conveyed by endeared.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not liked or approved of; regarded with disfavor or disapproval.
She disliked the new teacher because she was too strict.
Feeling intense or passionate dislike for someone or something.
He hated the taste of broccoli and refused to eat it.
Regarded with contempt or disgust; disliked intensely.
The dictator was despised by his people for his cruel and oppressive regime.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disliked is a general term that describes something that is not liked or approved of.
- 2Hated is a stronger term that conveys intense or passionate dislike.
- 3Despised is the strongest term that implies contempt or disgust towards someone or something.
Good things to know
- 1Express Dislike: Use disliked, hated, and despised to express negative feelings towards someone or something.
- 2Avoid Offense: Be mindful of the context and tone when using these antonyms as they can be offensive if used inappropriately.
- 3Expand Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to improve your vocabulary and communication skills.