What is the antonym of “endurant”?
The antonyms of endurant are fragile and delicate. The antonyms fragile and delicate convey a sense of vulnerability and weakness. It implies that something is easily broken, damaged, or destroyed.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Easily broken, damaged, or destroyed.
The vase was so fragile that it broke into pieces when it fell off the table.
Easily damaged or requiring careful handling.
The antique clock was so delicate that it had to be transported in a special case.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fragile implies that something is easily broken, damaged, or destroyed due to its physical properties.
- 2Delicate implies that something requires careful handling or is easily damaged due to its intricate or sensitive nature.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Objects: Use fragile and delicate to describe objects that require careful handling.
- 2Comparing Properties: Use endurant, fragile, and delicate to compare the physical properties of different objects.
- 3Discussing Safety: Use fragile and delicate to discuss safety precautions when handling objects.