What is the antonym of “energetic”?
The antonyms of energetic are lethargic and inactive. The antonyms lethargic and inactive convey a lack of energy, enthusiasm, or activity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling sluggish, drowsy, or lacking energy.
After a long day at work, he felt too lethargic to go to the gym.
Not engaging in physical or mental activity; not active.
Her sedentary lifestyle made her feel inactive and unmotivated.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Lethargic describes a feeling of sluggishness or drowsiness, while energetic describes a feeling of liveliness and enthusiasm.
- 2Inactive describes a state of not engaging in physical or mental activity, while energetic implies an active and lively state.
Good things to know
- 1Physical Activity: Use energetic to describe a high level of physical activity, and lethargic to describe a low level of physical activity.
- 2Productivity: Use energetic to describe a productive and enthusiastic state, and inactive to describe a non-productive and unmotivated state.
- 3Emotional State: Use these antonyms to describe different emotional states, such as feeling energetic or lethargic, active or inactive.