What is the antonym of “enfettered”?
The antonym of enfettered is unfettered, free, and liberated. The antonyms unfettered, free, and liberated convey a sense of freedom or release from constraints. It implies a lack of restrictions, limitations, or hindrances.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not restrained or restricted; free to act or proceed without hindrance or impediment.
The artist's creativity was unfettered by any external constraints, allowing her to create truly unique works of art.
Not under the control or power of another; able to act or do as one wishes.
After finishing his work for the day, he felt free to pursue his hobbies and interests.
Freed from social, cultural, or political constraints or expectations.
After years of living in a repressive society, she finally felt liberated when she moved to a more open and accepting community.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unfettered implies a complete lack of restrictions or limitations.
- 2Free implies a lack of control or power by another person or entity.
- 3Liberated implies a release from social, cultural, or political constraints or expectations.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use unfettered, free, and liberated to add variety and depth to your writing.
- 2Express Emotions: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to express emotions effectively.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your language skills.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Unfettered conveys a complete lack of restrictions, free denotes a lack of control or power, and liberated refers to a release from social, cultural, or political constraints. Use these words to enhance your writing, express emotions effectively, and enrich your vocabulary.