What is the antonym of “ensnarl”?
The antonyms of ensnarl are untangle, disentangle, and uncomplicate. These words convey the opposite meaning of ensnarl, which means to become tangled or complicated.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To separate or straighten out something that is tangled or knotted.
She spent hours trying to untangle the knots in her necklace.
To free something from entanglement or complication.
He had to disentangle the wires to fix the broken lamp.
To make something less complicated or easier to understand.
The teacher tried to uncomplicate the math problem by breaking it down into smaller steps.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Untangle refers to separating or straightening out something that is tangled or knotted.
- 2Disentangle means to free something from entanglement or complication.
- 3Uncomplicate means to make something less complicated or easier to understand.
Good things to know
- 1Daily Life: Use these antonyms to describe the process of solving problems or completing tasks.
- 2Education: Incorporate these antonyms in academic writing to demonstrate a clear understanding of complex concepts.
- 3Workplace: Utilize these antonyms to communicate effectively with colleagues and superiors.
The antonyms of ensnarl convey the opposite meaning of becoming tangled or complicated. Use untangle, disentangle, and uncomplicate to describe the process of solving problems or completing tasks in daily life, education, and the workplace.