What is the antonym of “entranced”?
The antonyms of entranced are bored, disinterested, and unimpressed. These words convey a lack of interest, excitement, or engagement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling uninterested or tired of something because it is dull or repetitive.
She was so bored during the lecture that she started doodling on her notebook.
Not having an emotional or personal involvement in something; impartial.
As a judge, she had to remain disinterested in the case and make a fair decision based on the evidence.
Not feeling impressed or awed by something; underwhelmed.
Despite the hype, he was unimpressed with the new restaurant's food and service.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Bored describes a feeling of weariness or disinterest due to dullness or repetition.
- 2Disinterested describes a lack of personal involvement or bias in a situation.
- 3Unimpressed describes a lack of awe or admiration for something.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use these antonyms to express your feelings and opinions about a topic.
- 2Describe Experiences: Incorporate these words in narratives to describe how you felt during an event or activity.
- 3Discuss Preferences: Use these antonyms to discuss your likes and dislikes.
The antonyms of entranced are bored, disinterested, and unimpressed. These words convey a lack of interest, excitement, or engagement. Use them to express your opinions, describe experiences, and discuss preferences.