What is the antonym of “equanimity”?
The antonyms of equanimity are agitation, anxiety, and disturbance. These words describe a state of mind that is opposite to calmness, composure, and self-possession.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A state of anxiety or nervous excitement.
The news of the accident caused great agitation among the family members.
A feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome.
He had a lot of anxiety before his job interview.
A disruption of peace, order, or tranquility.
The loud music from the party next door caused a disturbance in the neighborhood.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Agitation refers to a state of nervous excitement, while anxiety is a feeling of worry or unease.
- 2Disturbance is a disruption of peace or order, while equanimity is a state of calmness and composure.
Good things to know
- 1Express Emotions: Use these antonyms to describe different emotional states.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn and use these words to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Discuss Mental Health: Use these words to discuss mental health issues and coping strategies.
The antonyms of equanimity are agitation, anxiety, and disturbance. These words describe a state of mind that is opposite to calmness, composure, and self-possession. Use these words to express emotions, improve vocabulary, and discuss mental health.