What is the antonym of “erasing”?
The antonyms of erasing are create, construct, and build. These words convey the opposite meaning of removing or deleting something. They imply the act of making or building something new.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To bring something into existence; to make something new.
She used her imagination to create a beautiful painting.
To build or make something by putting different parts together.
The workers will construct a new bridge over the river.
To construct something by putting materials together.
They plan to build a new house on the empty lot.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Create implies the act of bringing something new into existence, often through imagination or artistic expression.
- 2Construct implies the act of building or making something by putting different parts together, often in a systematic or organized way.
- 3Build implies the act of constructing something by putting materials together, often in a physical or tangible way.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use these antonyms to describe the process of creating or building something in stories or essays.
- 2Art: Incorporate these antonyms when discussing art or design projects.
- 3Construction: Use these antonyms in discussions about construction or engineering projects.
The antonyms of erasing are create, construct, and build. These words convey the opposite meaning of removing or deleting something. Use them to describe the process of creating or building something in writing, art, or construction projects.