What is the antonym of “error”?
The antonyms of error are accuracy, correctness, and precision. These words convey the opposite meaning of error, which is a mistake or fault in something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being correct or precise.
The scientist's findings were praised for their accuracy and attention to detail.
The quality or state of being free from error or mistake.
The teacher graded the student's paper for its correctness and accuracy.
The quality or state of being exact or accurate.
The engineer's measurements were praised for their precision and attention to detail.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Accuracy refers to the degree of correctness or exactness.
- 2Correctness refers to the absence of errors or mistakes.
- 3Precision refers to the level of exactness or accuracy in measurement or calculation.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use accuracy, correctness, and precision to describe research findings and data analysis.
- 2Professional Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in business emails, reports, and presentations to convey professionalism and attention to detail.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Use these words to express the opposite of error in everyday conversations.
The antonyms of error are accuracy, correctness, and precision. These words have distinct meanings that refer to the degree of correctness, absence of errors, and level of exactness or accuracy. Use these words in academic writing, professional communication, and everyday conversation to convey professionalism, attention to detail, and accuracy.