Definitions and Examples of overlook, miss
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To fail to notice or observe something; to miss seeing something.
I overlooked the typo in my essay and lost marks for it.
To fail to see, hear, or notice something; to not hit or reach a target.
I missed the train this morning because I woke up late.
Key Differences: overlook vs miss
- 1Overlook implies that something was missed due to carelessness or lack of attention.
- 2Miss implies that something was not seen or achieved despite efforts to do so.
Effective Usage of overlook, miss
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and clarity to your sentences.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look out for these antonyms while reading to improve your comprehension and understanding of the text.
The antonyms of escry are overlook and miss. Overlook implies carelessness or lack of attention, while miss implies failure despite efforts. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your reading.