What is the antonym of “eudemonic”?
The antonyms of eudemonic are dysphoric and unhappy. The antonyms dysphoric and unhappy convey a negative emotional state. It implies a lack of happiness, satisfaction, or pleasure.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling unhappy, dissatisfied, or discontented.
After the breakup, she felt dysphoric and found it hard to focus on anything else.
Not feeling joyful or satisfied; experiencing sadness or discontent.
He was unhappy with his job and wished he could find something more fulfilling.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Dysphoric is a more specific term that describes a feeling of dissatisfaction or discontent.
- 2Unhappy is a general term that describes a feeling of sadness or lack of joy.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use dysphoric and unhappy to express emotions effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.