What is the antonym of “evading”?
The antonyms of evading are confronting, facing, and meeting. These words convey the opposite meaning of avoiding or escaping from something. They imply taking action to deal with a situation or problem.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To face or address a difficult situation or problem directly.
He decided to confront his fear of heights by going on a hot air balloon ride.
To be in front of or deal with a situation or problem that requires action.
The company is facing financial difficulties due to the pandemic.
To come together or gather to deal with a situation or problem.
The team is meeting tomorrow to discuss the project's progress.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Confronting implies facing a difficult situation or problem head-on, often with courage or determination.
- 2Facing refers to being in front of a situation or problem that requires action, without necessarily implying direct confrontation.
- 3Meeting suggests coming together to deal with a situation or problem collectively, often through discussion or collaboration.
Good things to know
- 1Problem-Solving: Use confronting, facing, and meeting to describe taking action to deal with a situation or problem.
- 2Conflict Resolution: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to encourage direct communication and problem-solving.
- 3Decision-Making: Utilize these antonyms to describe different approaches to dealing with a situation or problem.