The Opposite(Antonym) of “exceptionality”
The antonyms of exceptionality are normality, typicality, and commonness. These words describe the opposite of being exceptional or unusual. They imply a state of being ordinary, usual, or typical.
Definitions and Examples of normality, typicality, commonness
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of being normal; conforming to a standard or norm.
After the surgery, the doctor assured her that she would soon return to normality and resume her daily activities.
The quality of being typical; conforming to a pattern or type.
The architecture of the old town reflects the typicality of the region's cultural heritage.
The state of being common; occurring frequently or widely.
In this area, the most commonness diseases are related to respiratory problems caused by air pollution.
Key Differences: normality vs typicality vs commonness
- 1Normality refers to conforming to a standard or norm, while exceptionality implies being different from the norm.
- 2Typicality describes conforming to a pattern or type, while exceptionality suggests being unique or unusual.
- 3Commonness denotes occurring frequently or widely, while exceptionality implies being rare or uncommon.
Effective Usage of normality, typicality, commonness
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe phenomena in scientific or academic papers.
- 2Everyday Conversation: Incorporate these words to describe situations or people in everyday conversations.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms to create vivid descriptions of characters, settings, or events in creative writing.
The antonyms of exceptionality are normality, typicality, and commonness. These words describe the opposite of being exceptional or unusual. Use them to enhance your academic writing, everyday conversations, and creative writing by creating vivid descriptions of situations, people, or events.