What is the antonym of “excitedness”?
The antonyms of excitedness are apathy and indifference. The antonyms apathy and indifference convey a lack of interest, enthusiasm, or emotion. They imply a feeling of disinterest or detachment.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
He showed complete apathy towards the project and didn't bother to contribute.
Lack of interest, sympathy, or concern for someone or something.
She felt a sense of indifference towards the outcome of the game as she wasn't invested in either team.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Apathy is a more general term that describes a lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
- 2Indifference is a more specific term that describes a lack of interest, sympathy, or concern for someone or something.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use apathy and indifference to express a lack of interest or concern.
- 2Show Contrast: Incorporate antonyms in writing to show the difference between two ideas or concepts.
- 3Enrich Discussions: Utilize these antonyms in conversations to explore different perspectives and opinions.