What is the antonym of “expectative”?
The antonyms of expectative are unpredictive and retrospective. The antonym unpredictive refers to something that cannot be predicted or anticipated, while retrospective refers to looking back on past events or experiences.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not able to be predicted or anticipated.
The weather forecast was unpredictive, so we decided to bring both an umbrella and sunscreen.
Looking back on or dealing with past events or situations.
The museum's retrospective exhibit showcased the artist's work from the past decade.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unpredictive refers to something that cannot be predicted, while expectative refers to something that is expected or anticipated.
- 2Retrospective refers to looking back on past events or experiences, while expectative refers to looking forward to something that is expected to happen in the future.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and depth to your language.
- 3Enrich Learning: Utilize these antonyms to help you understand the nuances of words and their meanings.
The antonyms of expectative are unpredictive and retrospective. Use unpredictive to describe something that cannot be predicted, and retrospective to refer to looking back on past events. Incorporate these antonyms in your language to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your learning.