What is the antonym of “expended”?
The antonyms of expended are saved and conserved. The antonyms saved and conserved convey the idea of preserving or keeping something for later use. It implies not using up all of a resource.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To keep something for future use instead of spending it now.
She saved some money from her salary to buy a new laptop next month.
To protect something from being wasted, damaged, or used up completely.
The government is taking measures to conserve water resources in the region.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Saved refers to keeping something for future use, while expended means using up all of a resource.
- 2Conserved implies protecting something from being wasted or used up completely, while expended means using it up.
Good things to know
- 1Financial Planning: Use saved to describe money that is kept aside for future use.
- 2Environmental Conservation: Use conserved to describe efforts to protect natural resources.
- 3Energy Management: Use expended to describe the use of energy resources.
The antonyms saved and conserved convey the idea of preserving or keeping something for later use, while expended means using up all of a resource. Use these words to describe financial planning, environmental conservation, and energy management.