The Opposite(Antonym) of “experimentation”
The antonyms of experimentation are conformity and tradition. The antonyms conformity and tradition convey a sense of adherence to established norms or practices. It implies a lack of innovation, creativity, or exploration.
Definitions and Examples of conformity, tradition
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Compliance with established standards, rules, or norms.
The school's dress code requires conformity to a specific uniform.
A long-established custom or belief that has been passed down from generation to generation.
The family's tradition of having a big Thanksgiving dinner every year brings everyone together.
Key Differences: conformity vs tradition
- 1Conformity refers to compliance with established standards, while experimentation implies innovation and exploration.
- 2Tradition is a long-established custom or belief, while experimentation is a process of trying out new ideas or methods.
Effective Usage of conformity, tradition
- 1Innovation: Use experimentation to encourage creativity and innovation in problem-solving.
- 2Adherence: Use conformity to describe compliance with established standards or norms.
- 3Heritage: Use tradition to describe long-established customs or beliefs that have been passed down through generations.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Conformity refers to compliance with established standards, while experimentation implies innovation and exploration. Tradition is a long-established custom or belief, while experimentation is a process of trying out new ideas or methods. Use these words to encourage innovation, describe adherence to established norms, or convey long-established customs or beliefs.