What is the antonym of “extinguishable”?
The antonyms of extinguishable are unquenchable and indomitable. The antonym unquenchable refers to something that cannot be put out or satisfied, while indomitable describes something that cannot be subdued or overcome.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not able to be quenched or satisfied.
His unquenchable thirst for knowledge led him to pursue a PhD in physics.
Impossible to subdue or defeat.
Despite facing numerous obstacles, her indomitable spirit kept her going.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unquenchable is used to describe something that cannot be put out or satisfied, such as a thirst or desire.
- 2Indomitable is used to describe something that cannot be subdued or overcome, such as a spirit or willpower.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use unquenchable and indomitable to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Inspire Others: Use indomitable to describe someone's spirit or willpower in a way that inspires others.
- 3Describe Desires: Use unquenchable to describe a thirst or desire that cannot be satisfied.