What is the antonym of “faithful”?
The antonyms of faithful are unfaithful, disloyal, and treacherous. These words describe a lack of loyalty, trustworthiness, or reliability.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not adhering to promises, vows, or obligations; disloyal or unreliable.
He was caught cheating on his partner and was labeled as unfaithful.
Failing to support or be faithful to a person, group, or cause.
He was accused of being disloyal to his team for leaking confidential information to the rival team.
Betraying someone's trust or confidence; dangerous or unstable.
The mountain trail was treacherous and required experienced hikers to navigate it safely.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unfaithful implies a breach of trust or breaking of promises.
- 2Disloyal suggests a lack of commitment or support to a person, group, or cause.
- 3Treacherous describes someone who is not only untrustworthy but also dangerous or unstable.
Good things to know
- 1Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe the behavior of partners, friends, or family members.
- 2Politics: Utilize these words to describe the actions of politicians or political parties.
- 3Workplace: Incorporate these antonyms to describe the behavior of colleagues or employees.