What is the antonym of “fancical”?
The antonyms of fanciful are realistic, practical, and down-to-earth. The antonyms realistic, practical, and down-to-earth convey a sense of practicality, rationality, and groundedness. It implies a lack of imagination, whimsy, or fantasy.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Based on or representing things as they are, without idealization or exaggeration.
The movie's depiction of war was so realistic that it left everyone feeling shaken and disturbed.
Concerned with the actual doing or use of something rather than with theory and ideas.
He chose a practical career in engineering because he wanted to make a tangible impact on society.
Practical and realistic; unpretentious and straightforward.
Despite his wealth and fame, he remained down-to-earth and approachable.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Realistic describes things as they are, without idealization or exaggeration.
- 2Practical is concerned with the actual doing or use of something rather than with theory and ideas.
- 3Down-to-earth is unpretentious and straightforward, often used to describe people who are practical and realistic.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use realistic, practical, and down-to-earth to convey practicality and groundedness effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Realistic describes things as they are, practical is concerned with the actual doing or use of something, and down-to-earth is unpretentious and straightforward. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich storytelling by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.